To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Monday, March 2, 2009

Musing Monday (March 2)

Musing Monday is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page

When reading do you read every word?
Do you ever skip chapters or skim over parts? (question courtesy of Wendy)

I'm pretty sure I read every word, although if I am in an exciting part of the story, I realize I sometimes skip words to read faster. I then go back and make sure I read them. It's like I can't wait to find out what happens, like a little kid or something.

I don't skip chapters or skim parts as a general rule. I did a few times reading Dr. Zhivago because the author was discussing all this "Russian stuff" that was boring me to death. I can't even really describe exactly what it was, because I tried to understand form the beginning and that didn't quite work out.

7 comments:

Beth F said...

yes -- during exciting scenes, I tend to start skimming so I can see if my hero will really save the day!

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

LOL, I know exactly what you are talking about - I have the same "little kid" tendencies!

Nise' said...

Its hard not to skim to get to the exciting part!

Darlene said...

I don't skip chapters but I will skim parts that are boring to me. Otherwise if it's a good book, every single word gets read.

Ladytink_534 said...

I'm the same way which is why I forced myself to use the bookmark, now it bugs me to read without one!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I don't generally skip or skim. I say generally, because I'm sure there have been exceptions (I just read about your 3rd attempt to read *Portrait of a Lady* ... that was me with *War and Peace*. Lots of skimming/skipping, and I still didn't finish it!)

Jenny Girl said...

Dawn: I congratulate you on even attempting War and Peace. My girlfriend read it with some chapter a week website. I know it took quite a long time too!

Everyone:
Thanks for commenting!

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)