To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Monday, March 23, 2009

Musing Monday (March 23)

Musing Mondays is hosted by Rebecca from Just One More Page.

Today's musing is the following:

How many bookstores do you frequent? Do you have a favourite? If so, which one and what makes it so?

Although I am a big lover of the library, I do go to some bookstores. There are not that many independent bookstores in Philly, as least not to my knowledge. I mainly go to Border's, because I have a member ship card, and I like the layout of the store. Barnes and Noble charges for their club, and I think that's a bit ridiculous. You are going to charge me to join your club, to get reduced prices on books? Did you ever think I may spend more if you just had decent sales or coupons for me to use? There may be another benefit to the B&N club I am just not aware of. If so please tell me.

There is one used bookstore in particular that I will go to if I'm in the neighborhood. A sweet, old couple own it. They have a decent variety of books, and always make a little conversation with you. There is another, more well know used book store in Old City, but I have never been there. Not for any particular reason, just never think to go. It's a bit out of the way for me, however, maybe in the Sporing time I'll make a road trip there.

So do you have any special bookstores?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like used bookstores--there's a huge one here that I can become lost in for hours.

We have B&N and Borders here, but I try not to spend too much time in them. They seem so impersonal, you know?

zetor said...

I can't walk past the library or bookshop without dropping in for a minute or two...

Anonymous said...

We have a small chain store that also charges for membership. I said ppfft to it. Makes no sense.

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)