To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Teaser Tuesday (March 24)

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB from Should Be Reading.

She asks you to do the following:

Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page. Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12. You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given! Please avoid spoilers!


"My cheeks burned just hearing that. Surely he knew how it sounded. Somehow I managed to meet his eyes, and oh, yes, he knew exactly what he'd just said, but he didn't intend to flirt with me, or Eva for that matter. Jesse was just provoking Chance."

pg. 163 of Blue Diablo by Ann Aguirre


About the book from Amazon:
  • Corine Solomon is a handler—when she touches an object she instantly knows its history and its future. Using her ability, she can find the missing—which is why people never stop trying to find her. Like her ex-boyfriend Chance, who needs Corine’s gift to find someone dear to them both. But the search proves dangerous as it leads them into a strange world of demons and sorcerers, ghosts and witchcraft, zombies—and black magic...

This book is an ARC that I have been trying to get my grubby little fingers on for a while. As you can see I was finally successful. So far I'm really enjoying it and I haven't even gotten to the meat of the story yet. Aguirre's blog was one of the first book blogs I discovered. She blogs about other writers, life in general, and living in Mexico. She is a very genuine person and one heck of a writer. My review of Blue Diablo will be up as soon as I finish the book.

So what are you teasing about today?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great that you finally got the ARC after discoering the author online. I look forward to the review, it sounds promising :)

Kaye said...

Wow, great that you got the book. Sounds like you are enjoying it a lot. Thanks for stopping by today. Happy Reading!

Darlene said...

Interesting teaser. I'll be looking forward to a review.

zetor said...

Sounds intriguing. Mine is here, http://zetor-mogsblog.blogspot.com/

Nise' said...

Good teaser. Sounds like the Arcane society books by Jayne Anne Krentz, I'll have to check this one out.

Unknown said...

Fun teaser! Looks like there's a little bit of romance in this book :)

The Bumbles said...

But is it a good thing to Provoke Chance?

Marg said...

I am really jealous! I want to read this one!

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)