To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday Reflections (Dec. 20)


Hey all! I have not fallen off the face of the earth, however, I am currently snowed in under 22 inches of snow in Philly. We have never had this much snow in December. I think in like 100 years to be precise. Yesterday morning, early in the storm, I took Lucky out to walk to the store. She loves the snow. It must be the snow dog in her. We plan to go out again later today, after I try to open my front door. There is a big drift on my steps.




Snow aside, I hope all your holiday preparations are moving along nicely. As part of my holiday celebrating and sharing, I guest posted at My Friend Amy's. She has been posting about Christmas music everyday, so I helped her out with my story of what Christmas means to me. If you have a chance, stop by her place and check out all her holiday posts. Each Christmas song post comes with a video, of course, and there are some excellent songs highlighted.

I also took off from work every Friday in December to do holiday things, and not with the people I work with. That's another story for another day. The first Friday my mom and I went to a museum. That's a lengthy post I'll share later this week. The second Friday, I spent with my girlfriends, knitting, chatting, and ordering in Chinese. The weather was in the 20's that day or else I'm sure we would have went to the yarn store. The last Friday, the 18th, was Cookiepalooza.

Cookiepalooza?? What the heck is that? It used to be pizzellepalooza, but since the addition of other cookies, I renamed it. Basically I spent two days making cookies for friends and family. So here is what I made:

Chocolate chips because it is a MUST!



We also had some unfortunate victims of my forgetful mind. My oven is a little off and I always forget to lower the oven. If the recipe says 350 degrees, I have to go lower, 330 or 325. The cookies bake and don't burn.

The Peanut Butter Blondie Bars from The Recipe Club book. These came out pretty good. But I can't eat all of this, so I cut them into bite size pieces and gave them out.



I also made sugar cookies. The recipe is courtesy of Meghan from the Medieval Bookworm. These came out great except I overcooked some. Thank you Mr. Oven, but don't you worry, I'll eat those crispy suckers anyway.



Ricotta cookies....my absolute favorite! They are light, delicious, and cake like. Plus the icing on top is perfect.



And the (say with French accent)piece de resistance are my pizzelle cookies. These little pretties are super time consuming, but everyone loves them, so how can I not?







There are so many stacks that it's a little overwhelming sometimes. A majority of these are going to friends and family.

When I wasn't visiting museums, knitting, or baking, I managed to get some reading done. I finished Searching for Pemberley, so I will have a review forthcoming. I absolutely loved the book. I don't like to include spoilers in my reviews, so it's a bit tough. My contest for two copies ends December 28th, so you still have time to enter.

I also borrowed Hunger Games from the library and oh...my...goodness. This book is awesome. I can't believe I waited this long to read this book. But you all know this already.

That about covers everything. Hope you are all well, and enjoying the season.
Take care and Happy Reading :)

13 comments:

Nise' said...

I'd be happy to send you my address for those yummy pizzelle cookies! LOL

I have to burn some cookies on purpose for my husband, he loves overcooked cookies!

Hope you dig yourself out soon! I am glad the storm missed us this time around.

Meghan said...

Yay! You made my cookies! I hope you enjoy them.

Staci said...

Your Fridays off adventures sound interesting!! Love that you have a group of friends to knit with!! Those cookies look awesome and the last ones are gorgeous!!

bermudaonion said...

Your cookies look delicious! Our dog doesn't know what to make of snow, when we get it. Of course, she's 14 and has only seen snow a couple times.

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

You really did have cookiepalooza. All I have to do is come over with a cup of tea!

Jennifer said...

I wish we had that much snow. I wish we had snow! The cookies all look delicious, eat some for me please. I think I entered the contest, but I shall double check. My Sunday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/12/sad-week-sunday-salon.html

Ash said...

Those cookies look SO good! I was baking all last night but it's been awhile since I've done any so it's taking me awhile to get back on track.

Unknown said...

Oh I know all about that snow! We got about 15 inches here in Connecticut. My dog was bouncing around the yard like crazy this morning. I have been on baking duty too - I have made gingerbread, peanut butter chocolate chip, and oatmeal chocolate chip.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a huge stack of cookies! I guess these won't make it all the way to X-mas, will they ;)

Beingo a museum grrl myself (although I somehow never get to post about it anymore) I'll be looking forward to hearing about your museum visit.

Anonymous said...

I really need a cookie! Well, okay I don't, but I really want one. Max loves snow, like Lucky, but doesn't have 22 inches to play in. We have a few inches on the ground, but that's pretty much nothing here in Cleveland :)
Stay warm and cozy!

Anonymous said...

air jordan shoes
air max
air jordan 23
air jordan 1
Nike Shox
Shox Belial
Shox Lover
Shox Monster
Shox NZ
Shox OZ
Shox R2
Shox R3
Shox R4
Shox R5
Shox TL
Shox Torch
Shox TZ

Marg said...

I am reading Searching for Pemberley at the moment, but I am struggling with it a bit, partially because I have never read the Austen books! And yay, another Hunger Games fan!

The Bookworm said...

oh my gosh, those cookies look yummy!
and Lucky is too cute ;)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)