To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Suddenly Sunday (April 17)

Hosted by Svea from Muse in the Fog

What's up Cupcakes?

I hope this finds you all doing well and enjoying your current reads.  As you know things have been hectic but everything is finally starting to slow down.  The two classes I have been teaching this semester end this week, thankfully.  I'll let you know the real deal behind one of them at a later time.  I also finished revising the certificate program I am now a coordinator of.  A paper on why revisions were necessary and seven syllabi, not an easy task my friends, but that is finished.  All but the meeting with University officials on Monday.  Piece of cake.

On to the books!  I've read quite a few good books lately, and now reviews need to be done.  I started writing some of them up while I was reading because my thoughts were coming fast and furious on several of them.  Other books could be described as guilty pleasures.  All in all the reading has been good.


Now on to T.V. shows, because yes, I watch those too.  Two new shows I am super excited about are The Killing on AMC and Game of Thrones on HBO.  The Killing has fabulous actors and it is written and directed so well.  It pulls you in and hooks you immediately.  Game of Thrones as I am sure you know is based on Martin's series a Song of Fire and Ice.  The books were excellent.  Again, sucked me in and it was all about the characters and what they were going through.  I felt their pain when bad things happened. Even the battle scenes were compelling.  The first three books I read quickly and the fourth book started to drag.  I can't remember if I finished it or not, but I do intend to pick it back up.  It may have been too much of one story line that dragged me down too.  Oh as for the fantasy element, it's not much fantasy.  Once upon a time there were dragons, and yes there are scary creatures beyond the wall, but not your typical fantasy.  It is more about several families struggling to rule the land.

Other shows which you should not miss are Justified and Fringe.  You really should start form the beginning for both of these shows, so I recommend Netflix over the summer to catch up.  Especially if it is crazy hot like it was last year.  Come home, put on pjs and watch some tv.  Both shows very well written and acted.  At the core of Fringe, is what would you do for the ones you love?  What would you sacrifice for the greater good?  On Justified, every character is multifaceted and tries to reconcile all these sides of themselves.  You are what you are and where you came from deep down, no matter how much you try to change yourself.  Either give in to yourself and accept it or die trying.  Plus Timothy Olyphant is easy on the eyes.


Well thats it from me for now.  Enjoy your Sunday, have a great week, and happy reading :)