To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What's up Wednesday?

 

What’s up Wednesday is a weekly catch up event. I discuss anything that’s on my mind, or what may be happening in my life. It’s my take on “me time”. Feel free to join along in the comments or leave a link to your What’s up Wednesday post.


This week is all about knitting. I’ve been saying for a while that I would post a photo of my latest project, so here it is:


It's really a pretty teal color but it doesn't show up, and all the pictures of me modeling it were so not getting posted.  I knit it from a free pattern from Knitty. It was knit in pieces and seamed together. The seaming is not so bad but setting the sleeves is.... let’s just say grrrr.

I have been working on this since March and finished it, I think in May or June. I forget. I did bring it with me to Hawaii and knit at night when we were relaxing.

The yarn is a cotton/linen blend so I could wear it with a long sleeve shirt or turtleneck in the winter if I so choose.

I usually knit every knit while watching tv. I need something to do with my hands, and unlike reading I can have a conversation while knitting. Knitting is calming and relaxing, and I’m glad I learned how to do it. I started about 5 years ago. It was fiddly at first, but after a while it becomes second nature. So if you’re in the mood to try something new, I recommend knitting. There are tons of videos out there and free patterns on the Net. There are also a ton of knitting blogs to lose yourself in. If you have any questions, just ask.

To finish this post off, here is picture of me at my desk at work:


Now ya’ll know what I look like :)
So what's up with you this Wednesday?