I don't keep very good records of my reading, even though I have the best intentions every year. So this 2012 in review post is not so much about books, or how many pages I read, but thoughts on what I consider a pretty good year for me.
When I think back on everything that occurred in 2012, and how I've grown in many different ways, I can say 2012 was a good year. Lessons learned in 2012:
- How to eat better and make good food choices. Being adventurous when it comes to food is a good thing.
- Saying no to all the review requests. I've cut down a lot and there are a select few I accept. I used to feel bad for that first time author, but I am not the only book blogger on the net. There are plenty of new and reliable bloggers who will happily accept your books. Just not me.
- Become more selective with my TV shows. I don't have much free time, so either stimulate me or entertain me intelligently, or you're out.
- I do not need to be friends with everyone I meet, or be someone's therapist at work, just because we work together. When I choose not to, it doesn't make me a bad person.
- True friends, really true friends, the ones I will still keep in touch with when I leave the area, are few and far between. And that's ok.
- I am really good at my job, and I am a valuable asset to my employer. Whether my boss fully respects and appreciates this is hard to tell at times. It's his loss.
- Puppies are little furry babies who need constant attention. Oh how I had forgotten about that.
- The news is not news. It is weather, traffic, and what some idiot on Facebook has to say. Seek out real news at reputable sites, and take everything with a grain of salt.
- Students today, young or old, expect everything to be easy. I have a day job too, you know, and I can't do your work for you.
- I no longer feel guilty about not blogging, blogging too much, not reading as much as others, etc. I blog because at the end of the day I Love to Read! I have discovered great new authors, and am always learning how to refine my thoughts and write a post better. But most importantly, I've met some pretty fabulous people in blogland whom I call friends. I chat with them more than in-person "friends". And that's ok.
- Twitter is not all that bad
I know some of these seem silly, or may not be lessons to you, but for me, this past year made me clarify things about my self, and my world. I feel like I'm really getting to know myself or who I should be. Oh my gods I think I am maturing people!
So that brings me to 2013. This will be a big year for me. I turn 40 (shut the frack up! I know!!). The blog turns 5 at the end of the year. And the hubby and I are following the steps in our grand plans to eventually live in paradise. Life is good, so let's enjoy it.
Bring on 2013!!
© Jenny Girl - 2012 "All Rights Reserved"