To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Friday, January 6, 2012

Fitness Friday: Getting Started

exercises,fitness,jump ropes,leisure,Photographs,towels,water,water bottles


Welcome to my first ever Fitness Friday!  I’m starting this to keep myself on track and to provide ideas, thoughts, poking, and prodding to others you may need it.  Many have said they want to get moving or lose  weight, so why don’t we try to help each other and do it together. 

This week is about getting started.  If you have good weather where you are, this can be as easy as going for a walk outside.  However, if you have to stay indoors like me, then I have an option for you to try.  Not everyone can afford a treadmill or elliptical for their house.  Space can also be an issue.  But luckily today’s cable providers have OnDemand which includes a channel called Exercise or Fitness.  In that section you can find many different types of workouts and fitness instructors.  The workouts are usually grouped by type, such as Cardio, 30 Minute, Dance, etc.  Today I will introduce you to the two instructors I started with, and inspired me to keep going on my fitness path.


Leslie Sansone is like the queen of walking at home to be fit.  She has a 1 mile and 2 mile program, and I would recommend either one.  The 2 mile is longer at about 30 minutes, and I think is a great starter work out for the home.  You don't need tons of room, and the moves are easy.  The best part is Leslie, because she is so personable, friendly, and encouraging.  It's walking with a friend.

Sansone has videos you can buy, but for a free taste of her workout check your OnDemand section of your cable provider or this YouTube video:



If you like this and want more, on the YouTube page, in the upper right hand corner is Part 2, to this video.

If you want something a little tougher, try something by Chris Freytag. Her workouts are a little longer, have some different moves and may include light weights.  Again Chris is warm, friendly and encouraging, and she always makes me work up a sweat.  Again, I discovered her workouts OnDemand.  Freytag also does a 10lb slim down plan and let me tell you, that sucker works. Some of it is a bit hard core , well it was for me, so ease your way into it.  Here is a sample from You Tube (I couldn't find the one that I used from Comcast):



So, what do you think?  A good start....something you can do....or is it inspiring other ideas in your head that you may try?  If you try these instructors, let me know your thoughts in the comment section.


DISCLAIMER: I am not a fitness expert.  Anything I post on here is from my own experiences or from books, magazines, or websites I have read.  You do what you will with the information I provide.


© Jenny Girl - 2011 "All Rights Reserved"