To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Suddenly Sunday: It's Holiday time!!


Good Morning Readers!  I hope this finds you well this Sunday after Thanksgiving here in the U.S. And thus, the madness begins, of both Christmas and the shopping season.  Not for me on the shopping bit.    I enjoy baking, decorating, and spending good times with friends and family.  But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Currently Reading: Bleak House and enjoying it.  Why did I wait so long to read Dickens?  The length is a bit much, but the characters, oh my they are a trip.  I also started reading The Grail King by Joy Nash for a change up during Dickens.  It's Nash's version of Druids and the holy grail before King Arthur.  Very easy, light reading, and helps to play off the chunkster that is Bleak House.  By the way, if you are currently reading Bleak House because of the read-along or just because, there are some conversations happening over at #bleakalong on Twitter  jump on in :)

Knitting: Almost finished a cardigan but still need to find buttons.  I will probably end up buying them online because there are no fabric shops close to me, and AC Moore sucks for buttons.  I also decided to knit my dog a sweater because the weather is turning colder, and baby is short haired, so she feels it more than I do.  I have some yarn that's perfect for her, and why not?  I knit for other people might as well knit for my dog.  Oh and here's a picture of my two best friends and I at Stitches East back in October.  I'm in the middle in case you didn't know.  I don't post a lot of photos of myself because I hate how they turn out.

What is Stitches East you ask?  A weekend filled with yarn buying fun for knitters and crocheters.  Lets just say I have enough yarn for quite some time.  It was a crazy weekend and I had tons of fun.

School:  Can't wait until this semester is over.  Professor Jenny needs a break!

Work: I keep getting suckered into projects, however when one of the big wigs keeps looking at you when he says he needs participants, you don't say no.  Smile say yes, and shit pants later.  Whatever, keeps me busy.

Nutrition and Fitness: ha-ha-ha no seriously, I'm doing alright.  Lost about 15 pounds, but want to lose like 10 more. Hard getting to the gym because of previously mentioned cold doggie, but at least I walk. If I didn't walk, lord only knows.  Holidays will be tough, but after eating pretty decent for the past few moths, I hate to eat bad food.  Sounds a bit snobby, I know, but apparently I've made changes to my eating psyche, so that's good.

And last, but certainly not least....Pin It and Do It Challenge for December: this is being hosted by the lovely Trish.  I am doing the Timid Pinner at 1-3 pins.  I'm always looking for recipes and I already found one to try so I'm on my way.  Not sure how sucked into Pinterest I'll get, because I'm already spread thin, but some of the photos are gorgeous and inspiring for sure.  So, if you are new to Pinterest like me, and curious about what it's all about, try this challenge.

I think that's enough from me for today.  That was a lot!  What have you been up to lately?  Hope everything is well in your neck of the woods and see you around the interwebs :)

© Jenny Girl - 2012 "All Rights Reserved"