To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012...you weren't half bad



I don't keep very good records of my reading, even though I have the best intentions every year.    So this 2012 in review post is not so much about books, or how many pages I read, but thoughts on what I consider a pretty good year for me.

When I think back on everything that occurred in 2012, and how I've grown in many different ways, I can say 2012 was a good year.  Lessons learned in 2012:

  • How to eat better and make good food choices.  Being adventurous when it comes to food is a good thing.
  • Saying no to all the review requests.  I've cut down a lot and there are a select few I accept.  I used to feel bad for that first time author, but I am not the only book blogger on the net.  There are plenty of new and reliable bloggers who will happily accept your books.  Just not me.
  • Become more selective with my TV shows.  I don't have much free time, so either stimulate me or entertain me intelligently, or you're out.
  • I do not need to be friends with everyone I meet, or be someone's therapist at work, just because we work together.  When I choose not to, it doesn't make me a bad person.
  • True friends, really true friends, the ones I will still keep in touch with when I leave the area, are few and far between.  And that's ok.
  • I am really good at my job, and I am a valuable asset to my employer.  Whether my boss fully respects and appreciates this is hard to tell at times.  It's his loss.
  • Puppies are little furry babies who need constant attention.  Oh how I had forgotten about that.
  • The news is not news.  It is weather, traffic, and what some idiot on Facebook has to say.  Seek out real news at reputable sites, and take everything with a grain of salt.
  • Students today, young or old, expect everything to be easy.  I have a day job too, you know, and I can't do your work for you.
  • I no longer feel guilty about not blogging, blogging too much, not reading as much as others, etc.  I blog because at the end of the day I Love to Read!  I have discovered great new authors, and am always learning how to refine my thoughts and write a post better.  But most importantly, I've met some pretty fabulous people in blogland whom I call friends.  I chat with them more than in-person "friends".  And that's ok.
  • Twitter is not all that bad
I know some of these seem silly, or may not be lessons to you, but for me, this past year made me clarify things about my self, and my world.  I feel like I'm really getting to know myself or who I should be.  Oh my gods I think I am maturing people!

So that brings me to 2013.  This will be a big year for me.  I turn 40 (shut the frack up! I know!!).  The blog turns 5 at the end of the year.  And the hubby and I are following the steps in our grand plans to eventually live in paradise.  Life is good, so let's enjoy it.

Bring on 2013!!



© Jenny Girl - 2012 "All Rights Reserved"