To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Suddenly Sunday...and my 500th Post!




No way! Yes way!  500 posts...who would have thought?  Certainly not me.  Seems kind of fitting since my 4th Blogiversary was December 3rd.  So much has changed in 4 years, but for the better.  My reading goals, blogging, and thinking have evolved, and definitely for the better.  Enough of that though.  I'll reminisce when the blog hits 5 years.  For now, it's woo-hoo and let's carry on!

Hopefully you are all prepared for the upcoming Christmas day extravaganza, whatever that may be. For me, it's Christmas dinner with my parents coming to my place to feast.  That's it.  We have been keeping it super simple the past few years.  I didn't even decorate this year, because life has been so hectic.  I did make Christmas cookies last weekend, but made less than usual.  We don't need those evil little suckers hanging around forever.  Even though they are freaking tasty!

On the reading front, I am thisclose to finishing Bleak House.  It got a little slow there for a while, but I pushed through.  I am also reading The Midwife's Tale by Sam Thomas and boy is it a page turner.  Takes place in 1644 and I haven't read something from that time period in a long time.  I am enjoying the historical setting of the story, and Lady Hodgson is a delightful character, ahead of her time for sure.

On the knitting front, still knitting away on various projects.  Lately, I have been working through lunch at work, and then been too tired at night to knit, so not much progress.  Close to finishing a sweater for Kona, and since the weather has turned down right frigid, baby will appreciate it.

That's about it for me.  Life is speeding by, books are being read, yarn is being knitted, and blogs are getting visited, finally!

What has been going on in your neck of the woods lately?  Any good books lately?  

Take care and enjoy your Sunday everyone :)


© Jenny Girl - 2012 "All Rights Reserved"